Sunday, May 11, 2014

5/11 - Driving in the City


Sad to leave Brooklyn, but gone to Philadelphia today! Only about 100 miles. It felt great to be back in the saddle, even navigating the 'city off-roading' combination of dodging potholes, watching for dips in pavement, dashing between pedestrians, cutting off cars trying to edge me out, and paying attention to directions at the same time. I was always too lazy to adjust the suspension for just me as a rider, but with the weight of my gear it actually feels about right, ha. Took the Brooklyn Bridge this time, just for a change. Weather: Hot, but beautiful, radiator fans kicked on for the first time this year.

I'm not sure the GTS 250 is ideal for traffic as dense as NYC. I often found myself wishing for a smaller bike with quicker takeoff, for darting around traffic. Also, more of a beater - my Vespa is too shiny for this city. Maybe it won't be after this trip, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment