Monday, May 11, 2015

5/11 - Tour of Rice University


The house is pretty large and empty with just me in it, I've been spoiled by family meals. Trying to focus and get some paying work done.

Finally caught up with Troy (troyfromtexas on ADV) before he's off on a bicycle trip in Cuba! Fantastic time talking travel and motorbikes with this guy. We did a car tour of Houston, since it was rainy and I haven't actually spent much time in the city.

Long ago, I went to a summer program at Rice University. I don't remember these sculptures, but they look very similar to one I saw in the sculpture park in Des Moines.

1 comment:

  1. There's an old home video somewhere of our family visiting Rice University when you were about 7 years old and I was about 4 or 5. Someone once pointed out to me that Asian families intentionally go to famous universities as if they were entertaining tourist attractions even when they have no personal connection to the school...which seems kind of weird. Anyway, the best part of the home video I'm thinking of features a great clip of me trying to grab a balloon that is attached to my wrist (but every time I reach the balloon it's farther away again?!). Meanwhile, you're walking around me batting at your balloon so that it hits me in the head, repeatedly. Fun times :)

    ReplyDelete